Updated Solution Release: Storage Manager Version 1.1.0 for Microsoft Dynamics
The Fullscope Storage Manager Solution is a standalone Windows Application that runs on a Windows based system. The application connects to Microsoft Dynamics CRM (now Dynamics 365) and searches for all file attachments associated with Email records and Note records. The attachment files are transferred to Microsoft SharePoint and a direct link to the file is left behind in its place.
About the Release
Fullscope has released version 1.1.0 of the Storage Manager Solution, available at no cost to clients with current maintenance agreements for this solution.
Improvements in version 1.1.0 include:
- Updated to Dynamics 365 (CRM 8.2)
- Added the ability to exclude entities from note processing
- Added the ability to wait until attachments are a number of days old before archiving
- Improved SharePoint compatibility
- Added the ability to specify a maximum file name length before truncation
- Ability to force unique file names by adding the GUID
Please note, previous releases of Storage Manager are not compatible with Dynamics 365 (CRM version 8.2), and will cease functioning if not updated prior to upgrading. All clients using Replicator are urged to update as soon as possible to prevent possible interruption of processes.
Clients using versions prior to license key implementation will need to be issued a license key. Please contact your account director for licensing questions and key issues.
Once a key is on hand, the install procedure is as follows:
- Download the new archive file here.
- Back up existing the installation to another folder
- Extract Storage Manager to the existing folder, overwriting all files.
- Copy the “Zero2Ten.AttachmentParser.xml” file from the back up to the new location.
- Test the new version.
No changes in CRM are necessary.
Support and issue reporting for this solution is handled via the Adopt2Win portal. The Adopt2Win solution support area can be access here. If you have a current maintenance agreement but do not have an Adopt2Win login, please contact your account director or contact us here.