Getting Ready for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Q4 2011 Service Update
The Team at Zero2Ten is getting ready for the Service Update Release of Microsoft Dynamics CRM that is coming out next quarter.
Here is a brief summary of the key new capabilities:
Unified Office 365 Experience
Microsoft is going to begin giving customers a common billing, administration and provisioning platform for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and Office 365. This capability is predominantly for the benefit of Administrators in the organization. End Users received some good new capabilities in the integration of Outlook, CRM Online, Lync and SharePoint back in the release of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 in January.
- Identity Federation – Microsoft will start rolling out single sign-on for organizations that are using Active Directory and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Enhanced Disaster Recovery – Microsoft will begin to offer system failover across data centers in a region (US, EMEA & APAC)
- Enhancements to Dialogs – Dialogs will now support Lookups, Dates and have improved flexibility in generating dynamic hyperlinks for contextual records and content
Additional BI Capabilities – Microsoft is releasing 2 key capabilities here:
- Charting will now support multi-series charts that will allow users to overlay different sets of data to compare. View the picture on the right below. It displays Actual Revenue in the blue bars with Estimated Revenue using the red line.
- New chart types will be available with stacked bar and column charts being added (view chart on the left).
- Extended De-duplication rule processing – Duplicate detection will be enhanced to ignore null values so that a higher percentage of potential duplicates can be flagged
Microsoft will be releasing core capabilities to cover 3 key types of Social Communities:
- Internal – Inside an Organization – Email, Wikis, Intranets, Activity Feeds
- Managed – Branded Communities – Corporate forums, LinkedIn Communities, Facebook Pages, Customer Portals
- Independent – Public Domain – 3rd party forums, Twitter, Facebook
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Activity Feeds – Users will be able to post and follow quick updates similar to what they do today on Twitter and Facebook to records in CRM. Activity feeds will also be able to be automatically posted by workflow. I put a Blog Post out on this one already as I am very much looking forward to this functionality: Activity Feeds in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mobile Activity Feeds – Users that have a Windows 7 Phone will be able to view and post Activity Feeds as well as have a read only view into their Accounts, Contacts, Leads and Opportunities. They will also be able to also initiate a variety of actions including using the Bing Maps
service for Windows 7 Phone.
It is going to be a great release!